Doc Tesseract

The adventures of Greg Silverman, retail industry employee, prospective college student and superhero.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

I may have been raped last night. And I don't think I'll ever really know for sure if I was.

Last night, Will, Reed, and I went into Philly as planned. We had about $200 in our names, and we wanted to party, imbibe, and have fun. The only question was, where first? I wanted to go to Grape Street, Will wanted to hit the Chameleon Club, and Reed wanted to start the evening at the 12th Air Command. We ended up playing Rock-Paper-Scissors to decide where we'd go; Reed won, so we hit the 12th first.

For those not familiar with the club scene in Philly, the 12th Air Command is a gay bar. It doesn't have the brand recognition of Woody's or the gay night at Shampoo, but it's got a good atmosphere and plenty of stuff for a gay guy's best friends to do while said gay guy makes a connection.

So, while Reed danced, Will busied himself with the arcade games, and I used my fake ID to get a Guinness. I spotted this girl at the end of the bar who looked to be my age, so I went over and started talking to her. She told me she was amazed to have found one of the few straight guys in the bar, and started talking about herself.

The weird thing is, I can't remember anything she said. I can't even remember her name. All I remember is, I started feeling a bit strange. Then the more I kept talking to her, I kept feeling weirder and weirder. Next thing I know, I was in an alley in back of the bar. I was lying on the ground. It was 3:30 in the morning. And my clothes felt weird, like someone had taken them off and put them back on.

I went in, told the bartender what happened, and got a ride down to the local precinct. I repeated my story to the cops, while the bartender gave a description of the woman I'd been talking to. It wasn't until I saw the drawing that I realized that I'd forgotten what she'd even looked like. I underwent a rape kit, too, and found out that I hadn't been "sodomized" or received any scratches during that time.

I called my parents when I was done, and they came in on the subway and brought me back home. When I got home, I just fell into bed and started crying until I fell asleep.

Someone out there did something to me. And I'm going to find out who it was and what they did, so help me G-d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home