Doc Tesseract

The adventures of Greg Silverman, retail industry employee, prospective college student and superhero.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

More Zombie Madness, Part Two

So Quint and I go out hunting for whoever's making the walking dead walk. We shake down a few minor supernaturally-based bad guys (including El Hechicero), but they won't tell us anything. Finally, we stumble across a Tarot reader in Port Richmond who tells us that her psychic friends network* has been picking up strange disturbances all night in Manayunk.

We port in to where she's been picking up said disturbances in the Force: an abandoned warehouse on the banks of the Schuylkill. I give her a free trip back before we head in to investigate.

"We're dealing with someone who uses unconventional magic," Quint warns me. "If you get in any trouble, then leave. I'll take care of the sorcerer myself."

"And if you can't?"

"I will," he insists. Was that ego, or is he still worried after the whole "thaumatic smackdown" incident?

We find a door into the warehouse. It's locked, of course, so Quint manages to give it a little "massage" with a mini-earthquake until the lock pops open.

And a whole bunch of shambling corpses burst out of the door.

"Go!" he yells. I quickly port out to on top of the warehouse, and Quint floats up soon after. Once we get a good vantage point, I start porting them out into space while Quint keeps lobbing fireballs at them.

"Maybe this guy just likes zombies," I suggest between attacks. "Ever thought of that?"

"There's a good possibility he's just doing this for shits and giggles," he said after impaling a zombie with a rapidly-growing stalagmite**, "but I still suspect it's something else. We'll search the warehouse after our undead friends go back to the undiscovered country."

Once all the zombies were dead (well, again), Quint and I started looking around the warehouse. It was your usual devil worshipping paraphernalia: inverted pentagrams, books written in blood, dessicated corpses of animals, etc. Actually, I'm being a bit too flippant: this was my first encounter with anything I could come close to describing as occult up close and personal. And to be honest, it felt... evil.

"I found something," Quint said, startling me so much I almost hit the roof.

"What?"

"A map." The map in question showed Philly, and had a line drawn in marker running through Manayunk and Germantown.

"I'm guessing that line runs through where the zombies showed up in Germantown and this little shop of horrors," I ventured.

"Correct. This," he said while running his finger along the line, "is the Northern Eagle Line. It is a ley line, a source of great mystical energy."

"You think it's giving our sorcerer the ability to summon up the buttloads of demons?"

"It's a very strong possibility. But there's one problem: if he's using these demons to terrify the populace, then why keep them locked up? And if he's using them in an attempt to cripple the city, then why not release them at the same time as their undead comrades in Germantown?"

After securing the warehouse, we went on a cursory patrol for street-level crime. After that, we parted, I went home to sleep, and... well, I already said what happened in my sleep, didn't I?

I wonder if I'll see her again tonight.

*Why, yes, I do realize that joke sucks. It was the best I could come up with.
**Note to self: never piss off Quint.

7 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
lotus tarot reading is a very interesting subject and I really enjoy Your blog.
If You are really interested in this You must visit lotus tarot reading
Here You find a complete directory regarding lotus tarot reading

So please, donĀ“t miss lotus tarot reading

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


Learn How To Create Your Own Custom Income Generating System.

Welcome to AdWordEqualizer / Ad Word Equalizer Finds The Most Profitable Search Terms And Products For You!

Get Paid to Take Online Surveys!

 
At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Nice Blog Keep Up The Good work. I have a blog if your looking for computers digital cameras mp3 players dvd burners sotware. Your find all the best deals from the best stores on the net.

All Computer and Electronics shopping in one location

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel free to come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Single Dating Service said...

This is a very nice blog. I have been looking for love advice for woman articles such as http://single-dating-service.org

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Single Dating Service said...

I have been looking for psychic free tarot card reading and free love advice articles such as http://single-dating-service.org and I found this blog. It's really nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home