Doc Tesseract

The adventures of Greg Silverman, retail industry employee, prospective college student and superhero.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Portal Fu!

Okay, that does it. I'm definitely becoming a superhero.

After my last post, I decided to fool around with the portals a little. Yesterday, I succeeded in making them transparent; the air shimmers a little bit, but you can see right through it.

I pull up a portal to San Juan, Puerto Rico, when for some strange reason, I think about sticking my hand through it-- while thinking about my hand not actually going through the portal. What can I say; I make my own fun, and the worst thing that could happen would be a disembodied hand floating in Puerto Rico for a second.

So, I do just that, and the portal bends away from my hand. I repeat the gesture, and accompany it with a variety of others; I ended up turning the portal into an ultradimensional soccer ball before I closed it up.

Then I got another idea. I set a book on my chair, and thought about creating another portal, this one leading from wherever it opened to my bed. Just as the portal appears, I put my hands out in the "Haddoken!" pose*, and picture the portal just funneling away from me. Next thing I know, the portal hits the book, which lands on my bed.

In case you missed that, I just figured out a way to turn my portals into a beam-based attack that will send bad guys wherever I want. It took a little bit more practice (I hit the chair once, and only through a swift second attack was I able to avoid crushing my bed), but I think I've got what it takes to kick some criminal ass.

Now to decide on a name...

*Yes, I'm a total geek. But I'm a total geek who can warp time and space. Just try me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home