Doc Tesseract

The adventures of Greg Silverman, retail industry employee, prospective college student and superhero.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Bye for Now, Quint

Last night was my last patrol with Quint. We stopped Los Huesos from breaking El Hechicero out of jail, then ended the night on the roof of City Hall.

"So," Quint said, "you are venturing out on your own."

"Yeah," I said. I was trying to be as delicate as possible. "I just think it's better if I can see what I can do with someone who's at my level."

"I understand," he said. "If you ever need any help..."

"Don't worry, Quint," I said. "You're the guy who helped me out when I didn't know my ass from my elbow. You protected me from sorcerers, you hooked me up with this costume-- and I doubt I could have tackled Azazel without your help. If I'm ever in trouble, trust me; you'll be the first guy I call."

He smiled. "That's good to know. I want you to take this." He handed me another slate with a sigil on it. "This is a scrying spell. If you ever need my assistance, place it in your hand and focus on me. It will aid you in bringing me to your side."

And with that, he started floating off into the air. "Fare you well, Doc Tesseract," he said, "in your pursuit of justice, and wherever life takes you." He then flew off into the night at high speed.

Would it be weird to admit I started crying a little then?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home