Doc Tesseract

The adventures of Greg Silverman, retail industry employee, prospective college student and superhero.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Leave of Absence

I went back on patrol last night... only to have to tell Punch and Judy that I'd be leaving for three weeks of backpacking around Europe with my family on Thursday, and that my mom wanted me to give the crimefighting a little rest while on vacation.

"I'm beginning to think you don't like our company," Judy said with mock hurt.

"Look, I'm sorry," I said. "Maybe I can talk my mom into letting me port back for a night or two."

"Ah, don't worry," Punch said. "We can take care of everything. Just promise to have a little fun, okay?"

We stopped a drunk driver in Midtown, but the rest of the night was rather quiet. I feel guilty about leaving again so soon, but at least Punch and Judy will be able to handle everything.

I don't know whether to feel happy or superfluous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home