Doc Tesseract

The adventures of Greg Silverman, retail industry employee, prospective college student and superhero.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Greg Silverman's European Vacation

What can I say; I had a lot of crime-free fun.

We started off the trip in Amsterdam (though Mom and Dad kept me on a tight leash- reasonably, of course, but kinda disappointing), spent two days there, then proceeded to Bruges, Berlin, Aix-en-Provence, Geneva, Menaggio, Florence, and finally, Rome. All the cities were great... well, except for Rome.

Here's all you need to know about Rome: Rome sucks. Once you get past the tourist attractions and the history, it's a real crapshoot. We ended up paying 30 euros for the privilege of walking around the Colosseum in a circle for a half-hour. We paid about 70 euros for food that tried to cater to tourists by being more "American" than "Italian", but ended up being "shitty". And the cab drivers have no sympathy for pedestrians. It got to the point where I was afraid I was going to have to port someone out of the way. Not that we, the paying customers, fared much better; my dad bruised his head on the front seat when the guy went from 60 to 0 in nanoseconds.

Still, the other cities were great, and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

...except for fighting crime, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home