Doc Tesseract

The adventures of Greg Silverman, retail industry employee, prospective college student and superhero.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Beantown or Bust, Part 2

I met Frank on top of the Prudential Center. "Glad to see you could make it," he said. "Thought you'd be out on the town, tearing it up."

"Fond recollections of your college days?" I asked.

"Nah," he said. "I was a pious little bookworm going for a theology degree. Of course, things have changed. So, where do you want to hit first?"

I pointed my arm out across the river, towards Cambridge. "There," I said.

Frank laughed. "Really? Afraid the hippies are restless?"

"No," I said. "Just want to check it out."

"Okay," he said, "it's your patrol." With that, I ported us onto Widener Library on the Harvard campus. From there, we briefly hopped about Harvard until we determined that there was no crime there.

"Told ya," said Frank as we ported into Chinatown. "Now, this is more my metier. See, Chinatown's a great place during the day. When night falls, though--"

As if to answer his question, there was the sound of gunfire from a few blocks down. "Don't you love it when irony fills in the blanks?" he said. From what I could see, there was a gunfight going on between two cops and three Chinese guys hunkered behind a car. We ported down the street to get a better view of the action. The Chinese guys were wearing black jackets and black skullcaps.

"Those are the Hungry Ghosts," whispered Frank. "Big Chinese gang. Got their start in San Fran, filtered out to here."

"I'll handle them," I said. I shot off a beam at one of the gang member's guns. After it vanished from his hands (and onto the roof), his comrades turned to look at what was going on. Before they could fire, I shot off two more beams and the other Ghosts found themselves without fire arms. The police took the opportunity to charge forward and arrest the Ghosts.

"Good one," said Frank. "I think you'll--" Then came the screaming. We looked back down below to see that one of the Ghosts was pushing one of the officers away with his hand. No, scratch that; he had his hand inside the officer. And then he climbed into the officer. The officer shook his head, drew his gun, and raised it at his partner. I was able to port the guy onto the roof before he fired, though.

"What the fuck was that?" I yelled.

"Looks like the Ghosts... have a ghost," Frank said weakly.

4 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is good, but it could be a teensy eensy bit better. Visit rss email and get the FREE information on Blogs & RSS.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. If you are looking for a live band, I'm sure you'd be interested in Wedding band this Wedding band

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home